The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) today announced that the WFDF 2017 World Championships of Beach Ultimate, in association with BULA (WCBU 2017) will be held at Plage de la Grande Conche in Royan, France from Sunday, 18 June to Saturday, 24 June 2017. The French Flying Disc Federation (FFDF) will oversee the Tournament Organizing Committee made up of an experienced team from the local regional league “Flying Disc Poitou Charentes,” members of the FFDF, and local France Sport sponsors and partners.
The World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) today announced that it has renewed its Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with BULA on the governance of the Flying Disc sport of Beach Ultimate. WFDF and BULA had signed an initial MOU in 2011 and this agreement extends the working arrangement for four years through 2019.
For more information, check out the WFDF website: http://www.wfdf.org/news-media/news/press/2-official-communication/715-wfdf-renews-agreement-with-bula-on-beach-ultimate-governance-for-2016-2019
A winner of the Sundance Institute Short Film Challenge, sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, shows that, surprisingly, (Beach) Ultimate Frisbee is a force for good in the world…
It has been a while since our last blog post. But we have been a bit busy… 🙂 We are continuing to work hard to ensure an amazing 2015 BULA & WFDF World Championships of Beach Ultimate in Dubai. (I can’t believe the event is less than 2 months away…!)
And today we are very proud to launch the new BULA website. We are greatly indebted to Alex Pereira and Mojobrands. They understood, and masterfully designed and displayed, the BULA identity and enabled us to incorporate the spirit and the game of Beach Ultimate worldwide into the BULA website.
But BULA is not about us, it is about you.
And for you we wanted to create something special:
- Beach Ultimate Players will be pleased to know that we are working on several initiatives to improve the game of Beach Ultimate worldwide. The World Championships in Dubai are obvious and Beach Ultimate lover, player, and fitness leader Tim Morrill has started BULA Beach Fitness. More info at beachultimate.org/for-players
- Leaders (league and tournament directors, captains, as well as national Beach Ultimate committee members) can continue to get their event be BULA Recommended and get discounts from Discraft and Five Ultimate. We also created something new for leaders: The BULA Circle. For €99/year BULA Circle members get:
- Access to 6 Beach Ultimate specific organizational webinars
- Entry in the LinkedIn BULA Circle group
- A limited edition BULA Casual Wear outfit (shorts and shirt)
More info at beachultimate.org/for-leaders
- Beach Ultimate Lovers can enjoy, and share, a 30-minute documentary called “Spirit on the Beach”. This movie was magnificently filmed and put together by David Picon, a Beach Ultimate Lover from Venezuela who got great footage at the European Championships in Calafell, Spain. More about this at: beachultimate.org/for-lovers
- Rookies can find out about more about the sport of Beach Ultimate, self-refereeing, BULA, and places to play at beachultimate.org/for-rookies
As you can see, lots of helpful stuff for everyone. For now, and for later.
We will continue to post to this blog but don’t forget to check out the other Beach Ultimate related social media channels.
Keep it beachy!
Elliot Trotter, Editor in Chief of Skyd Magazine, just released a new series “Ultimate Globe Trotter”. The first episode features Beach Ultimate legends, the Boracay Dragons
Kenya today is officially announced its intention to attend the 2015 World Championships of Beach Ultimate (#WCBU2015) in the Open division. They made a website to register players and rally support around their cause and send players to Dubai:kenyafrisbee.weebly.com
They need to raise $10,000 and need all the help they can get!
Dubai will host the 2015 BULA & WFDF World Championships of Beach Ultimate (WCBU) next year, the first time the premier competition for Ultimate Frisbee players will come to the Middle East.
Expected to be held on the beach along Jumeirah Beach Residences in March 2015, the championships will welcome an estimated 1,000 athletes from more than 60 teams to the UAE.
The 2015 BULA & WFDF World Championships of Beach Ultimate are organised by United Arabian Ultimate, the local Ultimate Frisbee association, in partnership with the World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF), the international governing body of all flying disc sports, and BULA, an organisation promoting and assisting Beach Ultimate worldwide.
More information at www.wcbu2015.org
Last year, around this time, we promoted the Hat Rio 40º tournament. It turned out to be great! 🙂 If that looks like fun, : check out the details for the 2014 edition.
For the last 10 years Acapulco was the place to go for Beach Ultimate in Mexico. However they were recently hit with two big hurricanes and are now in a rebuilding phase.
Nevertheless, they are supporting a new event on the other side of the country: Cancun!
Cancun is a city with some of the best night clubs in Latin America, some of them with incredible shows, so the party is guaranteed big time 🙂
They are also doing a lot to promote the event so there should be a good turnout of local and international players. Flights are usually cheap and the beach looks great:
The 2013 BULA/WFDF European Championships of Beach Ultimate (#ECBU2013) in Calafell Platja, Spain, came to a close with a victory by Team Sweden over Ireland 12-4 in the featured Mixed division final.
A total of 1,150 players from 23 countries participated in the largest Beach Ultimate event ever co-hosted by the Beach Ultimate Lovers Association (BULA) and the World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) in the seven divisions: Open, Women’s, Mixed, Open Masters, Women’s Masters, Mixed Masters and Grand Masters.
In the other finals on the last day of the event in a wonderful and always sunny setting on the Calafell Beaches, Switzerland defeated Great Britain 11-8 in the Open division while in the women’s division Russia bested Switzerland with a 13-9 score.