Did you know that according to the Appendix of the WFDF rules of Ultimate you can call a Spirit of the Game Time-out?
Appendix A7 states that a SOTG time-out can be taken:
- If a team’s captain believes that either or both teams are failing to follow the Spirit of the Game (SOTG), they may call a “Spirit of the Game Time-out.
- This can only be called after the start of a point and prior to the ensuing pull.
- During this time-out, neither team may engage in tactical discussions.
- All team members of both teams will form a “spirit circle” in the middle of the field.
- The two opposing team captains shall separately discuss all current issues with adherence to SOTG, determine ways to rectify those issues, and then convey the agreement to the spirit circle.
- SOTG time-outs do not affect, nor are they affected by, the number of time-outs available.
This rule is added to the Championship rules, but TD’s can select to add this to their own rules too.
I think this is very good to stop things from getting out of hand.